Sticky post – please scroll down for new posts.
Hello Weevily World authors!
Now that we have quite a few different people helping out at Weevily World, I think it’s time for some clarification about how to format our posts, to make sure we are all doing the same things! I’ve compiled this list so we can accomplish that. Please read this list through carefully and like this post to show that you have read it.
1. Begin all posts with “Hello Bin Weevils!” Use Heading 1 and highlight the text in your designated colour.
2. End all posts with “Please like, share and re-blog this post.” Also in Heading 1 and your designated colour, with “All rights reserved.” written below and in italics.
3. Below “All rights reserved.” you may also add your name and, if you have one, the name of your blog, to the bottom of your posts. You can link your blog name to your blog but you must make sure that your link opens in a new tab. (Please use standard font for name and blog name, though you may put it in bold text if you wish.)
4. Please make sure that ALL links open in a new tab.
5. There should be two spaces left after an exclamation mark, full stop or question mark and one space left after a comma or semi-colon.
6. Make sure you tag and categorize your posts properly. This is how search engines find and direct viewers to our posts, so it is very important.
7. For posts from the What’s New blog; after “Hello Bin Weevils!” please begin with “Here’s what’s new from the Bin Weevils What’s New blog today:” Please link the text as shown here and title the link “visit Bin Weevils What’s New blog”. Please make sure the link opens in a new tab.
8. If you wish to add text of your own to a What’s New post, please do so at the end of the post and make sure it is clear that the text has been added by you and is not a part of the original text.
9. The inclusion of “All rights reserved.” on your posts means you do not need to give further credit for images. However you may do so if you wish to.
10. To add images to your posts, please do so by saving the picture to your own pc/laptop before you upload it. This needs to be done particularly, because images taken directly from the What’s New blog, are sometimes removed by Bin Weevils copyright software. Images must be always aligned and should usually be either centered or placed on the left hand side.
11. For all images apart from “What’s New blog” pictures, eg. nest room and feature screenshots, please add the words “Weevily World“. You can do this by either having your weevil say “Weevily World” or by adding the words to the image, when editing it. Please be advised however that I did get a moderators chat warning for saying “Weevily World” too many times (Bin Weevils moderate the promotion of third-party websites which is what Weevily World is!) So don’t say it if you get a warning as I wouldn’t want anyone to have their chat banned!
12. When you use the words “Weevily World” in your text, please use bold text for the first and last times you type them.
13. If you use your name in text you may also put that in bold if you wish.
14. If you wish to make a post that also appears on another blog, please post it on Weevily World first.
15. When making posts about codes, please use a weevil that looks like codex, for your pictures and please format the post in the same way as previous “codes by codex” posts.
16. Before you write any post and before you publish any post, please make sure that no one else has already made the same or a similar post! Duplicate posts will be removed.
17. I am aware that some of you would like to use your roles on Weevily World as a way to promote your own blogs and to try to make yourself bin-famous! This is absolutely fine by me, so long as the integrity of Weevily World is not compromised. For this reason you may add your name and blog link, as previously mentioned and you may also add a small picture to the bottom of your posts. Please make sure that your picture is not any bigger than the one at the bottom of this post.
18. You may promote one party on the Weevily World home page, every three months. However on public holidays, such as Halloween, Easter and Christmas, there are a lot of blog parties, so for these occasions please check with Tyana or myself before posting. You may however, submit as many parties as you wish to the Cyber Weevils page but please be aware that these will only be added so long as Tyana or myself have time to do so!
19. There are probably some things I have forgotten to add, so please check your posts for corrections and comments from either Tyana or myself. Tyana’s role on Weevily World is that of editor as well as author and she carries my full authority in all editorial matters.
20. Please “like” all posts by all authors, including your own! If you have other social networking accounts, eg. Facebook, twitter etc. please also use these to share Weevily World posts.
21. Weevily World has been running for nearly a year now and I want everyone to start thinking about things we can do to make our blog bigger and better! So have fun, get your thinking caps on and let me know what you ideas are!
Best wishes from
Note: This post has been written to assist Weevily World blog authors when creating blog posts. If anyone has any questions, please leave them in the comments on this post.
Please like, share and re-blog this post.
All rights reserved.